Tuesday 10 March 2009

Day 1 - Small Area = Big Impact! Finished.





Although it may look as though I have just moved everything, I actually did quite a bit of work in this area - it took about an hour in total.

I started by cleaning and wiping out the shoe storage cabinet - removing any unworn or outgrown shoes for the charity bag (4 pairs!). This made room for all the shoes from the floor! I moved anything out of the area which shouldn't have been there - most of it went to the utility room where it should live i.e. school bags etc.

I dusted the ceiling corners (cobwebs!) with the hoover attachment and then I cleaned the painted walls with a solution of warm soapy water and dried with a clean cloth, wiped down the skirting boards, the radiator and the front door including surround. I then cleaned the glass on the front door window and the side window! Sparkling!

I mopped the tiled part of the floor then vacuumed the carpet and doormats - the result, a bright, light and clutter free area. All I need now is that basket!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow what a difference , it looks great !!
    My hallway is a dumping ground for rucksacks and climbing gear , the joys off living with an outdoor pursuits management student !!!

    Sorry you couldn't get the website to work if you want to email me i can sort it out for you !! My email address is in my profile !!

    Sara x

    ReplyDelete